Well, it's that time again...time for yet another midnight premiere! I'm sure I don't have to tell you what I'm seeing since the hype is insane right now. A friend of mine recently informed me I'm a well-oiled machine when it comes to executing a midnight show, so I thought, just for kicks, I'd share some tips of the trade for all of you Super Fans out there. This is all written tongue-in-cheek, since I know it's all silliness, but yes, I actually do all these things. It makes the night easy and fun!
1. Buy your tickets at 2-3 weeks ahead of time.
2. Buy tickets for your whole group at once. At a place like AMC Easton, where they show the same movie on 20 different screens, you'll all get to sit in the same theatre legally, instead of stealing someone else's seats.
3. Call the theatre the week of the show to find out how early they're opening the doors to let people sit in their seats.
4. Get in line at least an hour before the doors will be opening. That is if you don't want to sit in the front row, straining your neck for 2 and a half hours.
5. When going to a place like Easton, plan with your group where you'll be parking. That way, you can walk together at 3:00a.m. Safety in numbers!
6. Don't ever park in the parking garages! I waited for an hour and a half in garage traffic after one movie.
7. Bring snacks, a book, or cards to keep you and your friends busy while waiting all those hours before midnight. I suggest bringing food with themes from the movie you're seeing. =) Chocolate cauldrons or butter beer anyone?
8. Don't be afraid to make friends! When going to an event like this, people are friendly and there's an instant bond because you're all being freaks together.
9. If you've been sitting in your seat for hours waiting, take turns with your friends saving the seats and go for a walk outside the theatre doors. It's so fun to people watch all the crazies who come dressed up.