Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Another Franchise Equals a Happy Me

I love a good movie franchise. The final Harry Potter movie is almost here (bittersweet!). Breaking Dawn has two movies coming, and then Twilight is over. We still have a lot of Narnia movies to look forward to, and I think Disney is doing an excellent job with those. It's not just series that I anticipate, though. 2011 has been especially noteworthy so far because it's bringing us some major bestsellers including Water For Elephants, Jane Eyre, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, The Help, and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I'm a reader, along with being a movie buff, so knowing a book is being made into a movie is always fun news to hear. I think we fall in love with characters because of the detail a book provides, so then the possibility of seeing them come to life on the big screen is exciting. But there's something so fun about a series because we get to enjoy it over and over again. More than one book means more than one midnight opening, more than one gathering of my friends and fellow fans, more than one dinner or coffee before the movie.
So the next big franchise, you ask? The Hunger Games! I have officially jumped on the bandwagon. If you haven't read this can't-put-the-book-down series, I recommend you give it a try before March 23. 2012. The first movie is currently in production and EW just released a first look at the fabulous Jennifer Lawrence as heroine Katniss Everdeen. This picture is AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I love to know about a good new book series!! Also, I am dying to see what "Renesmee" looks like on the big screen!!! Ok, I just googled her, I can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete